1962 ford thunderbird 2 door coup

Asked by Dec 07, 2007 at 07:38 PM about the 1962 Ford Thunderbird

I`m just starting to restore the above car, my trim code is 77, Lt turquoise, D/L under this I have not been able to find out the following color of dash pad, correct color of seats, the inside looks like an off white,and the seat are a dark blue, back seat side panel, is gold, dash is brushed,silver, kinda looks like a x-mas tree. there is no rug, so what color should it be, the exterior paint code is d this is 1070 medium turquoise metallic  is there any pictures, or color charts ? what I have seen in the different thunderbird catalogs, just dose not match  thanks   maurice

none that i know of eatherypu probley want it like it came.nearley impossable to do.hay man it is your car make it your on,paint int ect,make it special to you.

43,485

Grandpa had a '61 that was powder blue. There were no gold parts. The back seat panels, etc., were all silver. Dash was brushed silver. Rug was a turquoise blue as were the interior vinyl parts of the vehicle, except for the dash, which he had replaced with a black one but never had dyed to match the vehicle. This car was stock owned by our family since new. Best thing I can say is to contact one of the T-Bird restoration companies and put this question to them -- many good sellers of vintage parts online who can answer this question for you. You may also be able to get a build sheet from Ford's historical department which would tell you exactly how the car was optioned, etc., from factory along with some restoration hints and other goodies.

thanks for your help, not a bad idea to make it my own. and I`ll try to find ford historical dept.