problems starting

Asked by Apr 27, 2007 at 02:54 PM about the 1984 Ford Thunderbird

I have taken my car to several repair shops and they can't find out what is wrong with it in the past two years. The car starts up in the morning with no problem,I could stop and go to several places with no problem. Then the last place it just wouldnt start I will have to wait thirty min. to one hour then it will start like nothings wrong.Also every once in awhile when I am slowing down to a stop it will stall out and I will have to wait 30-60 min. then it will start like nothing is wrong. I had so many parts put on it but always goes back to the same problem . the car has only 67 thousand miles I would like to keep it if it could be fixed. Did any one else have the same problem with their car.Help

22,950

Hi Lavi! Yours is a pretty interesting case. I can't imagine a problem that would manifest itself like that. And I don't see any details about how it acts when it won;t start (does it turn? fire at all?). But here's a no-start troubleshooting guide to help you in the time when it won't start. Maybe this will help you run down the problem. Hope it helps, good luck: http://www.samarins.com/diagnose/index.html

that sounds exactly like what my 1990 is doing. how did you fix it?

8,685

On most Fords, that is the ignition control module. Change that, and normally good to go. I've had to do it to a couple of Fords over the years