I'm looking into buying a used car from an owner not a dealer the car seems like a good deal but I'm nervous to buy from someone I don't know. Is there some kind of form I can have them sign that says that there's nothing wrong with the car and that if I find out there is something wrong with it after taking it home that they could take the car back or fix it? Even if the "warranty" is only good for a few days or something like that?

Asked by Mar 15, 2015 at 12:49 PM

Private party purchases are usually "AS IS", do your home work on the vehicle, look for common problems the vehicle may have, Google is great for this, never take someones word that it's a good vehicle unless there are maintenance records to back it up.

Camaro is right, no used car from a PP is going to give you a warranty. But you can tell the owner that you want your mechanic to look it over before purchase. They can get the car over to the garage if you mutually work out a time. They should be ok with it if they aren't trying to hide something.