Car is running but shaking whole car while driving and running very rough.

40

Asked by Dec 15, 2015 at 11:06 AM about the 1996 Chevrolet Blazer

I was driving at 90mph for a good 30 mins before
I realized my temp was off the chart. Pulled over
to find a hose disconnected from radiator.
Connected hose added water. And engine still
shakes whole car when starting and
idling.driving.Shakes very hard. Not normal at
all.cant figure out problem. Oil level is fine.have a
slow leak but very minuscule.

Do a close , very close inspection on your tires. Tires on a 1996 Blazer are not meant to be run at 90mph. What is the speed rating you have on your tires? I suspect they have started to unlaminate, literally fall apart. The radiator hose is your engine protesting being run that hard that long

40

It shakes whole car while idling tho so that would eliminate the tires? And I've installed new tires since purchased blazer on 01/14/15

Well, yeah, that will eliminate tires. I didn't read your question completely and that is my bad. So now, with the overheating I suspect a misfire from a possible blown head gasket, on one or more cylinders.... coolant entering combustion chamber. It doesn't take much, might not even notice coolant level drop right away. Just keep a close watch on coolant and oil. Best of luck ~~David

But still, what is the speed rating on your tires? It's a letter, M, Q, S or whatever on the tire right next to tire size

One more thing. Do a compression check on all cylinders.

40

Just hooked a code reader into it. P0147 which is a O2 sensor heater circuit.and P0302 which is cylinder 2 misfire.. Going to try playing with them tomorrow as i have work in 20 mins

Ok, Ben, when you get this after work, the P0147 -- 02 sensor - heat circuit to it - is NOT the cause of a violent shaking of entire car. But the misfire could be, but only one cylinder misfiring seems suspicious to shake entire car unless the motor mounts are bad. Keep us informed, eh?

Best Answer
40

of course I'll keep updated. I recently changed all the spark plugs except one! Cylinder 3 Cause I couldn't get to it due to steering rod being directly in the way. But that's not the one the code says is misfiring. Code says cylinder 2 is misfiring.Going to check all spark plugs and connections when possible.and motor mounts. How many motor mounts are there tho? 4 obviously but if there's more i need to know

Is it the 5.7L - V8?

40

1996 Chevy blazer 4.3L s10 V6 2WD

140

Fuel spider change it and all your problems solved