'99 LT Blazer Front BUmper

75

Asked by Feb 20, 2009 at 06:23 PM about the 1999 Chevrolet Blazer

I have a '99 LT Blazer - are the little black thingys on the front bumper headlight washers?  If so, how do you activate them?

15

Not sure what black "thingy's" you are talking about, but I don't think 99 blazers had headlight washers. but I could be wrong.

5

No they are not headlight washers, i have a 99 LT BLazer actually not sure what they are but there are no headlight washers. my blazer doesnt have any black "thingys" on the bumper

5

75

Hmmm, i see the pic you've put there and you don't hav on ur bumper what i'm talking bout. I'll try to remember to take a pic of what's on my bumper and put it on for all to see - maybe we can solve this mystery???

75

This isn't my blazer, but what is on display here is the same as what i've got.... see those lil black "thingys" on the bumper?? Anyone know what they are and what they do - and how to use them???

5

I have no idea what they are lets figure this out, thats the first one i've seen that ad those. I'm constantly working on these blazers. I rebuild alot of blazers with front end damage and its a first i've seen. I'll be asking around now since im now curious about them

75

These cars were manufactured in the US as right hand drive vehicles and sent to Japan for their market. I don't know if that makes any difference. I have imported this vehicle from Japan to Australia and that is how it came. From what i know, all of the LT blazers ex USA to Japan are like this!! I'm even more curious now!!! :)

5

From what i've been told they are either deer whistles or possible headlight washers. but i would not know how to use them. post a picture of the dash and the turn signal switch. ill see what i can come up with but from what they look like to me they are not deer whistles.

75

Deer whistles??? I don't know what these look like (being from Australia) but what i do know is that they do have tubes running into them and have little nipple type squirty things like you have on your bonnet/hood to wash ur windscreen. I will attempt to get a pic of the dashboard and turn signal lever for you, however, i cannot find anything at all on the dash that would appear to "activate" them. When i first got the car in dec, i thought u may have used them (assuming they squirt water) in the same manner as you would to use the windscreen washers ie: they worked at the same time. This doesn't appear to be the case (unless i have some sort of blockage in the line). This really is a weird one - cos i'm guessing they don't come out in the US like this?

7,535

jsut did some research they came with headlamp washers. thats what you have.

5

yup thats what they are, i actually found some info on them today. they probably run the same as the windshield washers. probably have blockage in the line or they line somewhere along them might be cracked. They don't have those in the united states. or at least i've never seen any and i've worked on alot of blazers. just founded out they are only on exported blazers. they run off the same relay as your windshield washer does so it would be the same switch.

Those are deer whistles to scare them off the road. I use them on all of my vehicles.