Did the 4 door 1996 Chevy Blazer LT come with chrome lug nuts?

30

Asked by Mar 07, 2014 at 09:14 PM about the 1996 Chevrolet Blazer 4 Door LT

My mother swears it did, and that the tire guys stole the chrome lugs and replaced with
black ones. Of course the photo I have doesn't show the wheels in detail. Thanks for your
help! I am not certain if her Blazer is 4wd or not....

107,545

If unable to settle this with the tire shop you can get new chrome ones from the auto parts store for about $20 for all four tires.

30

Thanks dandyoun! I will let her know. Would that be for solid chrome or chrome covers? If it were my car I wouldn't care what color the lug nuts are, especially since it is so old... but my mother is very particular. And adamant that her lug nuts were switched out. Kinda funny, because she is furious about it. It's sparked my curiosity, so I would still like to know if she is right or not.

107,545

I will do some digging to see what I can find. But yes it's for chrome lug nuts. Several styles to chose from.

107,545

From what I am finding if it had the factory alloy wheels they should have a round chrome looking cover that covers all the lug nuts. If one of the other style rims they seem to have black lug nuts or black lug nut covers. If she did not buy it new some one could have changed them to chrome before she bought it though.

Best Answer
30

Wow, thank you so much for your time, I appreciate it. She bought it new and it has been her "baby" ever since. The lug nuts are not covered, they show. Forgive my car-part ignorance, I'll try to describe the center of her wheels without knowing what to call the center cap thingy. It looks like a little chrome hat with the Chevy logo on top and (black) lug nuts all around the brim. So, that would be one of the other style rims, correct? Did you come across any photos? I did a quick google search but didn't find anything helpful. A photo MIGHT convince her that she's always had those black lugs.

63,085

Try tracking down an original sales brochure for her Blazer. Check ebay. You can probably get one for like $15.00. This will show detailed photos of the vehicle when it was new. HTH. -Jim

107,545

http://www.automobile-catalog.com/make/chevrolet_usa/s- 10_blazer_2gen/s-10_blazer_2gen_5-door/1996.html -- this may help.

30

Thanks Js08016 and dandyoun! Dandy, I checked out that site and found a photo that looks like her blazer and wheels, and wouldn't ya know, those lug nuts are black! I will forward the link to her. Would be nice if she didn't feel like she's been robbed and can't trust the tire guys. Hopefully that feeling outweighs her kid proving her wrong. Hmmmmmm... Well, thanks again, guys!!! :-)

63,085

You're welcome. Glad to help. -Jim

17,685

what style of rims does she have?