2000 chevy blazer 4.3

Asked by Dec 31, 2015 at 03:28 AM about the 2000 Chevrolet Blazer

While warming up the 2000 Chevy Blazer 4.3
Vortec after about 10 minutes I got in gave it a
little throttle Gas and it abruptly died and would
not start again there is no spark and when trying
to get codes from the computer the computer
showing no life so we can not get codes

Possible you have a bad ground? Do you have 12 volts at the battery?

Fully charged batter should read 12.6 volts.

Like this chart, click for full screen

Cigarette lighter 15a fuse was blown apparently the OBD 2 data port shares it's circuit with the cig. Lighter we now have power at the data port

I knew that, sorry I did not remember. Post the codes if you need further assistance..

Because we had to disconnect and charge the battery (I'm assuming) now that we have data port power we are not getting any codes . I've got good spark coming from the top post of the coil I'm guessing ECM IS THE CULPRIT FOR NOT GETTING SPARK OUT OF THE DISTRIBUTOR ??? HOW DO I CHECK THE ECM AND DO I HAVE TO PULL THE DISTRIBUTOR OUT TO REPLACE THE ECM ?? MUCH THANKS FOR YOU FEED BACK

Ok, you have no codes because the battery was disconnected. Codes cleared and the motor needs to run in order for the OBDII can run diagnostics. You got spark, so there is nothing wrong there unless it is a weak spark, like orange in color. Try squirting some staring fluid down the throttle body or a little gas and see if it fires off. If it does, then there is a fuel issue. Would need to check fuel pressure after replacing the fuel filter. It should be 56 to 63 lbs. When the gauge is hooked up and to pressure, leave it sit and watch the gauge for 3 min. Pressure should not drop off more than 5 lbs. See what you got, go from there...

Ok I just woke up so I read your post more closely. You got spark out of the coil so that is good. If it is not coming out of the cap, more than likely the rotor is bad. I'd replace the cap and rotor.

Does my getting spark at the coil tower mean that the cam position sensor and the ignition control module are good ???? And that the cap and rotor as you suggested are the only options to not getting spark at the spark plugs/end of plug wireso?? If there are other options what are they and how are they tested ?? Thanks again for your professional opinion

Just got back in, ah, yes, the ICM has taken the place of the old points. It makes and breaks the circuit to the coil to allow it to discharge. All this wouldn't happen if the cam sensor was bad. I'll bet if you look at the underside of the rotor in the center you will see a burn mark and carbon tracks. Your spark is going to ground right there. You have spark coming out of the coil, it will travel down a good coil wire to the cap, down to the rotor which directs to the different cylinders.