i got a hyundai tiburon gt 07, im tryna get a cold air intake, reccomendations

5

Asked by Dec 03, 2009 at 12:36 AM about the 2007 Hyundai Tiburon

1,545

does it have double overhead cam (16 valve with two rows of 4 on top)?? well then other than a cold air intake, get a good lower suspension, set of tubeless tires and a boost/turbo kit...what are you looking for anyway? a considerable increase in speed/torque? or just a sporty look and that slight hp?

25

dude tubeless tires are u for real????? all auto tires are tubeless due to the fact that a tire with a tube will heat up and catch fire at high speed. comon u should kno better if ur gunna try to help people! if u truely want a cai, u could prob go with a AEM or sumpin along those lines. just b sure that the intake DOES NOT i repeat DOES NOT relocate the air filter low either near a wheel well or the ground. this is because u do not want to run the risk of sucking watter into ur engine and bending valves and what not. so b careful, also if u still hav a warentee it may void it btw.

1,545

what?now your a car god?just tryin to give a guy some suggestions...cut me some slack man...anyway...tubeless tires, especially the 205/50 series (in my case) gives me better grip...and i know about the intense heat IF you use it on the track, thats why every 5 0r so laps they are changed...your not gonna use a busted tire althrough out the remainder of a race are you?if you want to go track, you should know that there are risks especially with the tires...tire change (time) can always be sacrificed for a tire with better grip...

1,545

by the way i meant tubeless, just the belted or thraded ones that do not need air...yeah they burn up easily but they have better grip especially when you have a lower suspension and i think a wider toe in and negative camber (it depends on where your drive shaft is (front wheel, rear heel or 4wheel drive)...but if you prefer driving anywhere but the track...get those standard all-season touring tires...scratch Michelin, Goodyear and Falken coz they have a short tire life...

25

no i never said i was a "car god". i was just saying that "get tubeless tires" was kind of a (sorry for this) stupid thing to say due to the fact that most tires run on cars are tubeless. and for the car being an 07 i doubt that it is just a track car. sorry if i sounded like an ass just i was taken aback by the mention of getting tubeless tires. also add to the list coopers i dislike them they are mayb good for 5,000 miles if ur nice to them

1,545

i was gonna ask him about the engine coz i aint familiar with a hyundai...do you think a cold air intake is gonna be much better for his tiburon? id rather have it with a turbo and short ram to get more power on cruising speeds...and of course with a good suspension and those tires you mentioned...

285

A CAI is probably a better choice on an NA. But like Daiseph suggests, it probably wouldnt do much on its own other than punching a pretty hole on the front of your car with a pretty metal ring around its end. If you want power, you need to pair it up with other modifications. But well, if you've already got some stuff going and would just want recommendations I would say Blitz.

15

If you want another idea why not study an aftermarket system for your car and make a copy yourself? Ive done this for years and am happy to spend 30-50 dollars at a hardware store to make the same thing the big companies sell for 250-500. Food for thought... enginuity rocks

15

And Oh Ya Boyz By The Way Most Racing Slicks Use Tubes...

7,515

I've never seen slicks that use tubes, what brand does that? Only thing I know of that still uses tubed tires are ATV's and some off road vehicles.

25

id say it depends on the car and the way the cai is set up for example in my car NA is better due to the idea that a cai the airfilter 3inches off the ground and pretty much in the wheel well. as for short rams i dislike the idea of using hot air from the engine bay to feed the engine. but thats just the way i c it