Jag s-type car radio won't radio won't play AM

Asked by Jan 02, 2017 at 10:25 AM about the 2007 Jaguar S-TYPE

FM radio is perfect but only get static when switching to AM on any station.

96,485

I suspect that your engines electrics are causing major RF interference. Something like a coil is sparking or generating radio frequencies that drown out the AM stations. A RF filter could be installed that might help.

i appreciate your answer and will take your advice; however, I wonder if it has anything to do with having a serius radio installed. Perhaps I must prescribe to get AM. I hope not.

96,485

Does the static go up and down with the engine speed? If so it is ignition generated.

I've printed you advise and will show it to my mechanic this coming week. Thanks!

It pays to read and follow directions. All I needed to do was turn off the sirius radio. Even though I didn't subscribe, it was on and ready for me to do so. All I did was turn off the sirius radio that I didn't even know was on. It automatically is on every time I start the car and I need to turn it off.

How did you turn off the Sirius Radio? I have the same issue with a Jaguar I just bought and I see the XM Sirius antenna but I can't even tell how to navigate to the XM Radio

Since all else failed, I read the Sirius Radio Manual that came with my used Jag. To get AM you need to turn off the Sirius radio by it's On Off switch My switch is located on the right side of the Sirius radio. Whenever you turn your car on, it defaults to the Sirius Radio antenna. You will only hear static on an AM station unless you turn off the Sirius radio. You can only get Sirius radio by enrolling in one of their many programs or get a free trial subscription. I took the 3 month free trial but can still enjoy my AM stations by turning off the Sirius. I navigate my Sirius radio with a remote control that came with it. If you're still confused you can email me again or go online for the Sirius Radio manual for help. Good Luck!

10

It was also Sirius that caused my problem. Not only did it fix my AM it also allowed me to get all FM stations in my area very clear. Thanks thebitz

How did it "fix" your AM? Did it make the static disappear? Did you have to subscribe to get the AM clearly?

10

OK lets try this again. I have Sirius but have never joined . I just pressed the little button top right corner of the unit and the static was gone, BUT, it will come back once you turn the car off and restart. To keep it off all the time after restarting you have to go to the menu of the unit and navigate the Sirius unit until you find OFF. You will now see nothing on your Sirius screen. Hope this helps.