do land rovers have problems

Asked by Aug 11, 2013 at 10:00 AM about the 2004 Land Rover Discovery

i have heard they leak

From what I've read from owners of the Land Rover Discovery in Consumer Reports....many have said that they have had issues with water leaking from the sunroof. Others have reported reliability issues (not a surprise), premature tire wear and you can count on it being expensive to maintain, when repairs are required. On a side note, I know that the new Range Rover Evoques use a Ford supplied engine, a 2.0L Turbo 4 cylinder....Not sure if that's a good or bad thing...but, if they are as durable as the 4 cylinders used in the older Escorts and newer Focus car, it should be just fine.

Heres what owners had to say about it, the 2004 Discovery does seem to have a 50/50 shot on reliability.

Quite Frankly, I'd be nervous about buying a Land Rover (or Range Rover) new or used. I have a co-worker who just traded her Rousch Mustang GT for the Range Rover Evoque...hope she doesn't regret IS a damn nice looking SUV though...better looking and faster than my Mitsu Outlander SUV, but a helluva lot more expensive ($17k vs $42k+).

giaboo : Were our answers helpful to you at all??

On the up side Land Rover is now under new ownership along with Jaguar so hopefully the reliability issues will be a thing of the past. The new Jag F type along with the Evoque are all new models in the new ownership endevours.

My land rover discovery 2002 ms ar blinking how can i fix the problem and does not run on D i have to put in 1 to star running and go gear by gear