95 land rover Discovery security alarm blasts off while driving

Asked by Feb 07, 2014 at 02:14 PM about the 1995 Land Rover Discovery 4 Dr STD AWD SUV

I have a 1995 Land Rover Discovery. I had the transmission replaced July last year. It drove fine for 6 months. Now all of a sudden the alarm goes off when I'm driving it . I have to disconnect the battery and reconnect it. Sometimes it starts back up and will drive ok for a few more miles and then the horn blasts off again. I tried locking and unlocking the power door locks but that doesn't seem to be working now either. Is there a way to disconnect the security alarm system completely. I wont miss it. Will the vehicle start again if the alarm system is taken out. Any other solution?

I had my mechanic rip out the alarm system completely which fixed the problem. It didn't need the alarm anyway since I don't lock the rover anyway.

You can turn the alarm off, your owners manual will tell you how.