antenna

Asked by Aug 17, 2011 at 09:05 PM about the 1954 Volkswagen Beetle

Hi,
On a 1954 volkswagen I have 2 question,
1. Does a '54 for volkswagen had a radio antenna and if so was it on the passenger's or driver's side and what kind of antenna was it.
2. Did a '54 volkswagen had front seat seatbelts or none.
        thsnk you   champ

1,285

1) No idea... 2) 2-point Seat Belt type, I believe.

655

The "54" had an antenna on the passenger's side. See attached photo. Hope this helps

1,635

okay here we go. 1. NO. volkswagen did NOT install radio's in oval window cars. actually they didn't start installing radio's until the 60's! you could however order a radio as a dealer installed option. in this case the factory would ship a radio and antenna to the dealer. it was up to the dealership to install the antenna. MOST did this on the passenger side, but a few were put on the driver side. and MOST were installed slightly leaning backward, but it was up to the mechanic at each dealership on how and where they put the antenna. 2. NO seatbelts. these did not become factory installed till the mid 60's. now in the early 60's you could get dealer installed seatbelts, but they were NOT factory.