1986 dodge daytona turbo z

35

Asked by Apr 06, 2008 at 02:53 AM about the 1986 Dodge Daytona

I have a 1986 Dodge daytona turbo z and the car shuts down power to the fuel pump, coil and fuel injectors, and you come back 15 min later and the car will run fine.  finally got so bad that it won't run no more, with out using a jumper wire.  some one please help me I love this car but, can't afford to take it to the shop.  Jethro (need some ideas

6,915

sounds like a sensor/computer issue. did you have any dash light come on when it last happened?

43,465

Could be your fuel pump relay or perhaps an ECM issue.

35

I noticed my feul pressure decreased upon acceleration,this was in the beginning. the power/loss limited light on the dash is suposed to show trouble codes,it comes on but no longer shows any codes. this light is also supposed to show codes to symbolize the beginning and end of testing,which it does not. I replaced the logic and power modules with no luck in finding the problem.the oil pressure still does the same thing,but the car sounds ok. I replaced the feul pump as well cant find a fuel pump relay either. I greatly appreciate any advice you can give,Thanks Jethro

35

I noticed my oil pressure decreased upon acceleration,this was in the beginning. the power/loss limited light on the dash is suposed to show trouble codes,it comes on but no longer shows any codes. this light is also supposed to show codes to symbolize the beginning and end of testing,which it does not. I replaced the logic and power modules with no luck in finding the problem.the oil pressure still does the same thing,but the car sounds ok. I replaced the feul pump as well cant find a fuel pump relay either. I greatly appreciate any advice you can give,Thanks Jethro

65

It could be a number of things there, you will want to check for power to the fuel pumper sender assembly, if you have power going to it, you will want to check and see what kind of condition it has from the sender terminal to the pump. If you have issues with power to the terminal to the sender, it is possibly the relay that is on the inside of the fender in the engine bay. It is commonly considered the accessory relay. To really get better answers for your question, and somebody that would almost certainly tell you an answer, try the site www.turbododge.com. I am a member of the site, and things like this are very common. Good Luck.

TURBO unit has nylon and metal parts. You MUST take it completely apart and SCRAPE out the carbon builup from the metal and clean the nylon gears. This problem nearly killed me and my wife in Germany in 1988. The Dutch mechanic in Holland figured it out. Car would also over-speed...while not even moving! Good luck.