New Dodge dart

Asked by Sep 04, 2010 at 11:02 AM about the 1972 Dodge Dart

Hey I'm a 17 year old and looking for a car and I have found a 1972 Dodge Dart for $1000. I don't know much about this car and was wondering how hard it is to find parts for this car now and how reliable this car would be?

25

hard. very hard...there are forums that relate to these but you have to consider shipping times for items. I would only get this is a toy to have in the garage and work on on your leaisure time honestly. If you need a DRIVER...this isnt it

135

Most parts are out there- eBay and the internet will become your close friend- but as far as finding anything other than basic mechanical parts locally you can forget that. Trim items will be harder to find than mechanical items. Also, it's a nearly 40 year old car- don't count on it for reliability. As someone else said, it's basically a toy at this point until it's been completely mechanically rebuilt- and even then it's a nearly 40 year old car with a tempermental carburetor and none of the advantages of something modern.

35

hell yeah parts are easy for them. ebay and pretty much anywere i got my 1972 dart a couple years ago when i was 12 and i got it for 2500 but it was rough 1000 is a steal! here is my car after i painted it all up (i was 13 when i did all this so if it looks bad plz understand)

35

Yes, a toy it is. If you want a daily driver, it will have to have alot of work done. I own a 73 340 duster, 71 scamp, 73 Dart Sport (Hang 10 package) and a 65 Coronet. Parts can be located. Once you start looking and going to swap meets, you build friendships and learn where everything can be found. Parts for these cars are starting to get pretty expensive being not many people can afford the Cudas, Challengers, Chargers etc. and anything that had a V8 is going up. Right now the A and B bodies are somewhat affordable, but with time they will also be for the wealthy I am sure. If you are going to do it for a long term investment, could be worth it. Just my opinion

Hi there well parts or not bad to find and if it's A 225 slaint six they forever but so well a v/8 318. go to web site called wildcat auto wrecking. all mopars only there in Oregon.

I am not sure where you are located, but I am in toronto Ontario and my dad is 100 miles north of here. Drove dodges for decades and fixed them himself including a couple of dodge darts. Has everything slant 6 dodges under the sun and multiples of them.