Turbo Kit

Asked by May 02, 2008 at 02:34 PM about the 2006 Mazda MAZDA3

A good turbo kit for a 2006 mazda 3 hatchback with a sport shifter

depends how much money your willing to spend. A good one, new, will probably run you 2 grand easily. A lot of companies sell universal kits. I would probly just buy used shit and make my own kit

thx for the help

thats stupid...dont buy universal kits. Search on mazda3forums.com to see what they have for your car.

I agree, do not buy universal kits (which frankly i've never even heard of since all applications have different specs for manifolds and charge piping bends/lengths, etc.) unless you either want really low boost or really long spool times or boost creep, turbo kits should be matched to their application ALWAYS or else you compromise reliability AND performance. Dezod is known for well matched turbo kits, but unfortunately there aren't any for mazda 3s, i would check www.PTuning.com...maybe. Greddy is also pretty good (be on the lookout for proper components with them, don't cheap out) I have a friend who bought a Greddy kit for his xB and it was a stage 0 and came with no blowoff valve or intercooler, so not only does his system run hot as hell, but he dies from compressor surge. Just be sure you do your research before investing in a kit. You could give www.SFXperformance.com a shot as well. I just thought about something...motor swap for a mazdaspeed? or if you have the mazda 3s with the 2.3 liter, you may be able to use just the turbokit from the mazdaspeed, not too sure. It's worth some research though.

I agree with the others, never a universal kit. Each car has very different specifications, therefor each turbo should be different. Your not going to put the same turbo on an S2000 as you would a Civic. You have to run different amounts of boost as well. Search around the internet for bolt-on kits that are CAR SPECIFIC. If you cant find anything, find a Mazda tuner shop. That would be your best bet.

dont waste your money on bolt on kits piece it out you will save a lot more money if you get somewhat used parts

universal turbo kit? thats not going to happen turbo kits are made especially for certain engines and vehicles dont buy used parts it may cost you more to buy new parts but it will save you money in the long run using used parts is cheaper, but you cant guarantee the efficiency of the part and/or what it has been through and that could you cost you performance, reliability, your car, and alot of money on the long run

yea im looking for a turbo kit with my mazda speed 3 and i have the super sport shifter that gives me an extra 42 hp reving at 11k with my mt's on the back and my upgraded brake rotors.