my parents just bought me a car!

25

Asked by Mar 31, 2008 at 07:49 AM about the 1995 Buick Century

my parents just bought me a 1995 Buick Century but i want a more modern car... should i just appreciate it as a car or let them know i want something a little more modern.

6,495

I wouldnt look a gift horse in the mouth. As I was told when I was a child, If you want a car, go but it. That way you will appreciate it. I also had to pay my own gas, insurance, repairs/upgrades. If I were you I would say thanks, smile and be happy that you have a car. That was very nice of your parents. I got many years out of the Cutlass (century's sister car). Enjoy it.

40,315

These are a great car! I had a 1989 Century and if it hadn't been for some paint problems on the flat surfaces causing rust, I would still have it. Very cheap to own and maintain. Good gas mileage.

15

trust me i have a 1994 buick the modern cars today are way to price and they dont hold out as good as an older car i know ive been a little hard on mine and there easy to maintain they get better gas milage which is great for the climbing gas prices i wouldnt even try for anything more modern and if its a gift just accept it drive it awhile there so easy to drive to

155

I had a 1994 Century until a little into my first job out of college and replaced it cause i could afford to.... but i love that car and if i could afford to buy it back i would. it had great paint great motor, and great milage 36 mpg highway for me ....

45

I had a 1991 Buick. This car had the 3.3 V6 which turned out to be alot of fun. This car would outrun anyone i went against in a race. I'd take the car for what its worth and make memories with it. Remember you aren't out of anything if you tear up this car. I know i had more memories in the Buick than any other car.

3,275

Mid 80s-90s Buicks are hands down the best cars you can get without breaking the bank. I have an '89 Century with a 3300 V6 and 280,000 miles, and it still runs like a dream. Keep that car, my friend.

45

That's not a bad car. They are good on gas and pretty reliable most of the time. I have an 88 Century which I have turbocharged. It had 150k miles on it and probably would have made it past 200k miles if I hadn't blown it up with too much boost. I'm putting a new engine in it now.

55

A wise friend once told me...As long as you own a Buick, you'll never have to walk!! Lol..its true. The best cars I've owned have been Buicks. My 87' LeSabre is my baby..good on gas..solid car. Almost 25 years old and he's truckin on without much fuss!! Love a Buick...Thank your parents for such a gift!!

6,435

i like the fact that you shell out very little $$ for insurance and maintenance compared to other cars. great performance is a bonus! XD

This century will serve you well, and you couldn't ask for a better first car. I have a '91 century I use for work for last four years. 3300 engine, no overdrive, 260,000 miles currently, 35pmg, everything works inculding a/c, and runs great. It has never failed to start even at -30* and has had nothing aside from small items in the way of repairs, battery, alternator, tires pretty much somes it up since I bought it at 109,000 miles. most importantly it has never stranded me! Modern does not mean a better car. Give your parents a hug, say thanks, and enjoy the car!