Drive train parts

Asked by Mar 24, 2010 at 09:04 AM about the 1979 Toyota Supra

Is it hard to find parts for these engines...I.E. ignitor,mass air flow,any fuel injection parts.I have a clean '79 Supra,but I'm scared I will be left stranded with no parts available to me..who do I stay in touch with for this?

45

It can be especially for a 79, you may have to search e-bay or auto dismantlers for some of the electronic parts and you would be buying used ones. You are not just going to run down to the local autozone and pick something up usually. In order to own an old car like this you need to be passionate about it so you have the patience to deal with it being broken sometime and you need to have a backup plan so you can get to work or school if parts arent immediately available. Theres no chance of parts becommin impossble to find in the near future but you may have to wait a week or so on shipping for something. Other than the ignitor the parts rarely fail. I would reccommend having a spare one that you carry with you, and carry the tools to change it.