1984 Supra parts compatiblity

Asked by Jul 17, 2012 at 02:18 PM about the 1984 Toyota Supra

I have a very rough 1984 Supra.  I need fog lights I woudl like door pannels, body pannels, parts for the sun roof, motors for windows and headlights.  Going out of town and intend on hitting the junk yards.  What is the best place to find out what years/parts will work with mine?  I know the one yard has 1985.

25

they're all the same parts, they facelifted the car in 1990, but the mechanics/electrics are the same

105

Gavin is wrong. That is not true. I used to own a 1982 Supra, and I've been active in the Supra community for many years. The MkII Supra was built between 1982 and 1986, and was produced until the MkIII Supra hit the market ... midway through that year. The MkIII Supra was produced from 1986 to 1992 ... and the mechanics/electrics are not all the same. Some parts, mostly mechanical are inter-changeable. Just keep in mind, your MkII and the MkIII are two completely different cars. The MkIII Supra's 7MGTE engine and transmission, with some modification can be transplanted into a MkII Supra, as well as the 2JZGTE engine in the MkIV Supra. Just be careful, unless you're very mechanically inclined, either transplant isn't simple. Your best bet for parts, mechanical upgrades would be to join www.celicasupra.com and do a lot of reading. They have a great parts for sale section to, you should be able to buy just about anything you need from a site member. Good luck!

25

didn't realise you were talking about a mk2 to mk3