How much is a 67 Chevelle SS 396 worth.

Asked by Sep 18, 2016 at 10:04 PM about the 1967 Chevrolet Chevelle

I'm trying to help a family member sell a 67
Chevelle SS 396. The interior needs replaced, the
body is decent. Needs sanded, primed and painted.
Frame is great, NO engine or transmission.
Looking for a reasonable sale price, have a
potential buyer already just no idea where to start.

23,055

$3500-4500 because its a SS otherwise $2500

Thanks. Is the price considering the car not having a motor or transmission? Sorry not too familiar with the antique cars. I was going to make an offer myself but looking for a 396 motor and transmission, clutch, the works just kinda shut my wallet down fast.

23,055

It also can go up or down depending on where its at, some areas just do better. The car will never be a valuable as it could be if it had matching numbers engine and trans and all other parts, original interior & paint is off the table and a new interior & paint verses a nice original is worth less. So its a candidate for a custom resto mod. I am from the north va area and there they would bring top dollar but here in the south where I am now I could find one for about $1500-2000 that needs paint and interior and motor & trans. Now understand if it has some rusting all around the edges and pans then you would have to lower your cost from what I said. The more metal work needed the less its worth I gave price considering very little if any metal work needed. Also if chrome & trim is gone or need redone here to take some off. If I wanted to make sure I gave everybody the best shot of paying the most for it I would take some good pictures and set up a auction on EBAY for 10 full days with a reserve of say of a few thousand and go ahead and describe it good tell them pick up only. If reserve is too high it deters bidding.

35,375

Decent body, no rust, good glass, good frame and title, you can get a good amount for it, I've seen some near me go for as much 8K just as rollers (no engine/trans). '67 Chevelles are insanely popular, an SS 396? Shoot you could get more than 8K I bet.

23,055

See there thats what I am talking about, run an EBAY auction so people all over the country can bid on it you never know what it goes for, heck I am excited for your family member.

64,355

I'd do some VIN number research and make sure it is actually an SS car. Selling this car and listing it as an SS when it is not would not be good. Just make sure you know what you have before advertising it for sale.

Thanks everyone. I'm certain it's a SS, due to the trim, VIN, and the paperwork we found for parts. Now if only I had about 20 more hrs in the day to go through the shop and figure out which engine block belongs to it, things would be great.