which of these cars is be a better deal. 1968 CHEVELLE BIG BLOCK 396 holley BUILT LOCAL MACHINE SHOP PUNCHED OUT NEW EVERYTHING KEITH BLACK PISTONS LUANTI CAM..HIGH VOLUME OIL PUMP 60 LBS..IDLE ALL SUMMIT INTERNALS TURBO 400 TRANS BRAND NEW EXHAUST HEDDERS FRONT TO REAR BUMPER DUEL INSTALL LOCAL EXHAUST SHOP72 chevelle ss 454 big block with automatic column shifter . , white with black interior , its a driver interior is nice and in good condition exterior paint is n decent condition .. but to be show car nice .. it would need a repaint sold with currant tag receipt and ga bill of sale .. if ur outside of ga .. this will get u a title .. ga only requires a title for 85 up 454 with longtube headers , cam , demon 800 carb , flow master exhaust

Asked by Aug 11, 2014 at 05:58 PM about the Chevrolet Chevelle

1st car is $9500 dollars in a 68 chevelle the 2nd is $13000 in a 72 chevelle

I'm unsure if the 800 carb is going to do much for the vehicle assume both are in same condition. I'm very torn for taking a smaller motor for a cheaper price or just going with the "go big or go home" phrase to make my decision. HP comparison would be nice I know the 1st one is safer due to the fact the man built it himself the 2nd the woman bought it from somebody else.

I like the 68 myself. But its all in personal taste. Hell. Buy em both.

LOL if I could afford them both I'd build one from the ground up.

What you have is a personal choice. If you have the bucks, take take the 454 motor over the 396. The bolt on stuff is just that, bolt on. If you like the looks of the 72 take it, but remember a very good paint job is 10 grand or there about. What do you want? The 396 is a good motor, but the 454 is built to be stronger. It's really hard to judge by a written description. Either one may not have much HP, but it can be easily corrected. The price for these cars is all over the place. Between $8 grand to $45 grand. Either price is good, but be sure you not getting a rust bucket. Have a good mechanic go over the cars. these are old, and parts are cheap, but there is a lot that may be in need of replacing. Either one looks good with the asking price, it what you decide to go with. Me, the 68 looks better. Your decision. Make sure it's sound and not a piggy bank to keep pouring in money intol.

the 68 is worth more money..in the long run.