Change fuel filter

Asked by Nov 17, 2008 at 03:38 PM about the 1989 Chevrolet Camaro

Were do I place the jack? It cranks good spark but will not start,been sitting over a year.It was given to me free,like to get it running,it's in great shape. Roy

130

there's a spot right behind the front tires on either side of the car that is to be used when jacking up the car

2,180

Roy..please don't be offended; YOU ARE IN OVER YOUR HEAD. If you don't know how or where to place a jack; which is simple and straight foreward. It's unlikely you are familiar with basic automotive safety procedures like jackstands, battery disconnection and no smoking for instance. You should either get a friend that knows what's going on or let a mechanic address these issues. I had a friend kill himself because the car came off the jack and pinned him underneath. BE CAREFUL!

315

i'd recommend having a friend who knows how to work on cars do it for you, and just watch him. You can learn alot by just watching someone. Working under a car is a very dangerous job, you want to make sure you know what you're doing before crawling under for the first time. I took a class in high school for just that. I also had alot of friends who were mechanics to teach me many things about saftey. 1. never crawl under a car supported by only a jack, 2. use jackstands and wheel chalks, 3. if you ever think the cars is getting ready to come down dont second guess it get out from under it. those are some of the 3 procedures i learned over the years.