95 Celica missing at take off. Idles ruff . At higher RPMS seems to run fine. Ideas?

Asked by May 06, 2010 at 11:21 AM about the 1995 Toyota Celica

Car has 160,000 + miles. Had plugs wires and rotor replaced last year. Has always run fine until now. Anybody help?

55

check engine light on ?

8,960

Maybe a dirty map sensor. Have you checked your plugs lately?

495

Basically could be anything but if i had to fledge a guess its either your iacv, throttle body, tps, dirty oxygen sensor or vacuum leak. Personally I would replace all your hoses connected to the throttle body plenum first to ensure it is not a vacuum leak this is extremely cheap (less than 10 bucks) and will immediately rule that common problem out. Next i would pull of your throttle body and clean both the IACV (the thing bolted to the throttle body) with some quality degreaser (that orange stuff is the best) which is the next cheapest possible fix at around 15 bucks. Then if that fails I would be looking at changing the tps possibly or the oxygen sensor. You should get someone to test your tps first though with a multimeter instead of just replacing it for hundreds of dollars. If all the above fails then the next most likely cause is a clogged fuel filter or something to do with the fuel system. Good luck!! also check all your fuses it is amazing what can go wrong just because of them but for this particular problem i would say it is not fuse related but cant hurt and doesnt cost much