2002 Pontiac Sunfire Headlight Low Beam Won't Work, Wipers Work Then Don't Work

Asked by Oct 09, 2016 at 12:41 PM about the 2002 Pontiac Sunfire

Bought this 2002 Pontiac Sunfire Used. Everything worked fine but after 2 weeks, the Low Beam Headlights won't work, and the Windshield Wipers work and then don't work. More crazy stuff happens too, like when I pull my headlight switch back to turn on High Beams clicking comes from door panel as though the locks are being locked or unlocked, but it does not move the lock lever, just clicking noise. High Beams work until I hit a rough spot in road, then the running lights are the only lights working, and I hear a clicking noise but it does not come from door panel when High Beams go off when hit a rough spot in the road. The high beams come back on and go back off with clicking from somewhere when they go on and off.

When I try to use my Windshield Wipers they may work and they may not work. When they don't work, if I leave them on, they eventually will work, but will quit again. Also, when I change from one speed to another clicking also comes from door panel as though the locks are being locked or unlocked. I have replaced the Windshield Wiper Motor and grounded the Windshield Wiper motor. This has not solved the problem with the Windshield Wipers.

To me it sounds like faulty wiring.

Yes we figured this. But where does one start to figure out where the faulty wiring is? I know the grounds from battery to engine and engine to chassis and the Body Control Module are A-OK!!!

Depending on what shop you go to you can have them check that for you. Some only charge a small fee