2005 sunfire and the low beam lights will not work.

Asked by May 21, 2015 at 01:29 PM about the 2005 Pontiac Sunfire Base

I have a 2005 sun-fire and the low beam lights will not work and the fog lights. High beam works great. I have replaced the bulbs,fuses and switch still no low beam headlights any suggestions please.

4,325

I don't know your car very well but could it be a relay in the headlight circuit (maybe on your fire wall or other under the hood location).

15

There is a somewhat large connector under the battery area that connects to the airbag module next to the hood latch, headlights, and windshield wiper fluid pump that has a loose connection possible. Reach under here and turn your low beams and press down on the different wires to see if they turn on. If they do, simply go to a junkyard and cut out a replacement connector of the same size. Wires can be different. Simply take out the plastic part that holds the wires and gently pull on each wire and place the wires in the same order in the replacement connector. All should then work. Email me if you have any questions or for pictures of this connector and area.

980

I have an 07 Grand prix but sounds like the same problem The lo beam relay is notorious for going out in these cars and intermittently shutting off the lo beams wile driving & eventually lo beam failure, Lo beam relay pointed out in picture of 07 GP. and hi beam relay is above it. The lo beam relay is located under the hood in the fuse box labeled #35 DCM Module. I got mine from; rockauto.com ACDELCO Part # 15016745 Main Relay GM Original Equipment One of our most popular parts LOW BEAM ... Part #`s & location may vary from models.