my car was submergedin about 2 ft of water fr 20 mins. can that damage my berings. my frontend is make a really loud noise in the frontend.

Asked by Apr 26, 2013 at 06:14 PM about the 2005 Pontiac Grand Am

Crossed a flood road in it. Runs fine just
the font end sounds like crap

Repack wheel bearings, inspect operation of tie rods and control arms, lubricate where you can and replace if you've got to---take it out to a dry place like Vegas for a day to air out it's jammies~

25,625

Not even sure WHERE to begin with this....Unless you have NO other means of avoiding a flooded road, you really shouldn't be attempting to do this anyway. What exactly were the circumstances? What did you tell your insurance company? (if you DID call them, that is).

I know better then drive across a flood road. My hubby did it. I've put my car on jacks,put it in neutral .stopped the tires one by one and the noise still keeps going. So I'm not sure if its the bearings or axel. It drive straight and doesn't make any weird noises when I turn or stop. Gets loud between 35-60 MPH. Live in Arizona we had a lot of flooding there.

buyin' a high-boy SUV yet?