I need help fixing my 1996 Mercury Sable LS

Asked by Oct 28, 2016 at 10:43 PM about the 1996 Mercury Sable

Hey I got a 1996 Mercury Sable LS  and it be
making a bubbling sound when I start it up
sometimes then when I do get it to start then it will
cut off on me when I drive and slow down now it
won't start at all I know that it's not my battery
because all my lights on the car comes on so what
can be the problem would it be the starter or
something else

8,875

If it started but won't run and now won't start but cranks over, it's not the starter. Check battery voltage, should be minimum 12.4vdc. Check fuel pressure at rail or spray some quick start in intake see if it starts, could also be your catalytic converter, check for check engine codes

12,795

Sounds like you have more than a few problems there. Lets get it started first, then go from there. Like mentioned above, the battery may have enough to turn on accessories, but needs a lot more amps behind it to turn an engine over. Test it with a meter and have the battery load tested if you have any doubts. How many miles are on this vehicle?

65

Bubbling sound is likely air in the cooling system. You are hearing the air bubbling in the heater core.

Yea now the battery is low because now the lights are dim when I turn the car on and the Theft light is coming on some times now

8,875

First, take battery to your auto parts store to get it charged and inspected

Ok

Okay I got the battery charged now it seemed like that when I try to start it now it trying to crank up but it just want, it souns like that it's flooded a little bit could it be the fuel pump going out or bout to go out

8,875

Ok, before u run the battery dead again, try spraying quick start, you can buy it at ur local auto parts store. If it starts for a bit then you have a fuel issue. Let us know what happens

Ok I had take the battery back to the auto parts store to charge it and they say that it had charged all the way and they said that something was wrong with it but I had put it back in my car and all the lights had came on and everything, should I get a new battery just in case

8,875

If they said the battery was bad, u don't want to put it back in the car. If the light come on, doesn't meant the battery is good, light don't pull as many amps as the car when you start it. Replace battery. This may not solve the problem but u need a good battery to troubleshoot it

Ok I will do just that and buy a new battery

Ok I got a new battery in the car and I sprayed some of the quick start in the engine it started it for a bit and then had cut off on me then I tried to start it again then it had made a bubbling noise then it started and then cut right back off on me then when I had got it to start I drove it for a bit then it won't change gears it will just go 50 miles per hour and when I slow down it just stops on me

8,875

Sounds like the catalytic converter is clogged up. U need to have it scanned with live data scanner to confirm or remove it and vusually check it