Heater control removal?

45

Asked by Feb 11, 2007 at 07:10 PM about the 1991 Mazda 626

I took out half the dash and still cant get the heater controls out of the car.  I have traced back my problem of no 4th speed in the fan to somewhere in the dash and the heater controls.  I have the Haynes manual but it's useless as it shows pictures from a 1986 vintage and is nothing like my 91.  I can get the two brass screw out of the control plate on the dash and then after that I can't get the left side of it to pull out.  Any help would be great.

Hello, The Haynes manual has failed you? I am gasping in disbelief even as my heart is breaking... Just kidding, though it is kind of upsetting to hear! Anyway, when one source fails, try another. AutoZone has recently put many of their repair guides online, and they have the 1991 Mazda 626. Yay! Here is a link for you: http://www.autozone.com/servlet/UiBroker?UseCase=RG001&UserAction=beginRepairGuide If that doesn't work, just go to http://www.autozone.com, and click the "Repair Info" on the left menu. From there, it will ask for your car information. Enter it, and you will be taken to all the details you need. Best of luck! CarGrrl