Distributor moving on 53 chevy 210 sedan

Asked by Nov 25, 2016 at 07:55 PM about the 1954 Chevrolet 210

Since I bought this car I noticed that the distributor moves when I rev up the engine and also, if the car's turned off I can physically move the distributor back and forth?  Is this normal for these cars?

Trying to figure out why it won't start.  6 volt.

67,365

No, it's not normal. The distributor should not be able to be moved unless you loosen the bolt for the distributor mounting bracket. Sounds like the ignition timing is off so it won't start. If you can't tighten down the distributor clamp the bolt is wrong or stripped, or the bolt hole is stripped. HTH. -Jim