Dodge nitro 2010

10

Asked by Dec 31, 2017 at 01:52 PM about the 2010 Dodge Nitro

When driving my nitro revs to over 2 rmps
sometimes 3 and isnt changing gears.
Transmission fluid is full done at a shop. Some ppl
say transmission some say a little plastic pink item
in the shifter. It is automatic. I have only had nitro
since nov 2016.

10

Need help trying to fix issue. Praying not transmission as i cannot afford to fix it or buy another car. This has been going on for 4 days.

10

Engine light just came on yesterday and exclamation mark last week when they put a new sensor for front passenger tire.

29,425

what does the 'shop' say? and who is "they" who put the new sensor on? is this work recent? if this 'shop' can't come up with an answer, i guess it's time for a new shop- if anything else, take it to the dealer- these days, they don't cost much more than a "shop" in the meantime, there is a good chance that it is NOT a bad tranny-

29,425

(bein' positive for the New Year)

48,225

That "plastic pink thing" might keep you from shifting out of park, but it's not going to keep tranny from shifting gears once driving. See: https://dodgeforum.com/forum/dodge-charger/214618-2006-dodge-charger-won-t-shift-out-of-park.html , for a pic of the shifter. If you just had trans fluid done, take it back to that shop and have them recheck fluid level, it may be off, or filter may be dirty. Let us know how many miles are on this vehicle, as that can tell us more about the condition of the transmission. Finally, the exclamation point is your tire pressure alert, one or more tires is low on air. If it's very cold where you're at it will affect tire pressure.

10

Mr. Lube did both. And 181 000km on it.

10,305

don't mess with mr. lube , they are far from professional , you might as well get the dishwasher from the diner on the corner

10

At 92,000 miles on my Nitro I have now a fluid leak from my transmission is that an easy fix and how much do you think it'll cost I don't want to be taken at the garage it's leaking in the front by my cooling system