Water leak, 1993 honda civic

60

Asked by Apr 21, 2010 at 10:36 PM about the 1993 Honda Civic

Okay so I have a 93 Honda Civic, and it leaks on both driver/passenger side doors.
I have a theory about it being the seal around the windshield, as the previous owner of the car had put in a new windshield about 2 years back, the car has not seen very much road at all since then. The odometer was recorded on the recite of the work that had been done, and it was rounded up too 320,000 - the car is still at 316,***km so it hasn't been anywhere really.
Anyway's, my speakers(front doors), they get totally drenched, and the front half of the car(floor) are totally soaked. Just so every one is clear, the seats are perfectly dry, its just the carpet, and the speakers that are drenched.
So is my theory probably correct? How would I find out for sure where the problem lays? How would I go about cleaning the 'drains' that are in the car(probably air pressure), if so, where do I find the start or end of a drain to blow air threw?
And if it is the windshield, would I be able to seal it myself?

(Starts chewing gum to seal the car with) heh, just playing.

Problem two, clutch: Okay, so I have figured out its not the dot3 fluid, or anything, its the clutch itself that needs replacing, now does any one know if theirs any short cuts I can take on this car to avoid holding the motor on a jack, I don't to risk the motor falling out at all, if I have too though, well this is my project car, if I kill it I kill it, but it's no good if I send it into a shop, LEARN NOTHING, and end up spending way more, so I guess I better start getting comfy.

60

=D

1,695

first of all, check your windows and see if the rubber gaskets are still in place, coz it might be the problem...it either doesnt fit anymore or someone tried to force it open from the outside or something..in my case, my rubber gaskets on my windows were like bacon because of being superheated everytime i park in an open space.. so i replaced them myself with new ones to prevent the same thing from happening, and oh also the leaking if it happens too..you can replace them too, it's actually easy if you have the right tools and know your car's different specs... but there's another thing, the AC might be the culprit.. sometimes there are tiny straw-like tubes that stick out of the AC system and they find themselves sticking onto the inner areas of your doors (behind the upholstery).. it might have leaks that can possibly ground our speakers on your doors so have them checked too, although im not really sure about it, well there's nothing wrong with that. And how is it that your floor gets drenched?check under the mattresses if there are tiny oles drilled on the floor... they are for draining liquids that were spilt inside.. something might be clogging them. And about your clutch..there's no shortcut to it, really. Yeah you need to replace the clutch especially when the teeth are all missing, it will not engage gears anymore... then just to be sure, change the dot3 fluid with that. You can send it to a shop and still you will learn something. they can and will explain everything to you by the time you get your car back. Or you can visit or ask them anytime you want to.

60

Well yea, the clutch obviously need's replacing. I just meant any way to get to the clutch without putting the motor up on a jack, basically, not undo-ing the motor mount bolt's. But more then likely, their is no shortcut, but I will figure it out once I get my tax return and get under the shit box. I'll check the ac you were talking about, I need to take off the door panel any ways to fix the door handle's. I highly doubt this will be the case though, as that would mean it would only happen really while the car is running, and it would happen all the time, not just while it rain's. And there's no ac belt, so I would imagine that would stop the flow of things. I will figure it out, this car is a do-it myself project, I just hope it's not the windshield, but I would bet you that's very likely to be the culprit. I'm not sure if re-sealing the windshield will be a do it myself project though... Ah well, I'll keep the car under a tarp for now until the body work and mechanical work is done.