Water is leaking without any perceptible appearance

115

Asked by Sep 07, 2011 at 06:46 AM about the 1994 Honda Civic

Dears,

I have a Honda civic 1994 and i'm suffering from engine overheated problem and the details as the following:
- The Engine Radiator is filled of water completely.
- The "Return Water Holder" that may be called alternator that are connected with the "Radiator" is filled of water at Max point.

- First case: Sometimes, i leave the car one day without use it and once i re-check the Radiator there is no water leaking but once i re-check the alternator that hold the water that are returned from Radiator i saw that is empty !

- Second case: Sometime, i use the car for longest period but after approximately 1 hour of working the heater pointer is increasing gradually and sometimes it increase and decrease based on the type of road (once i walk on a straight way the heater pointer decrease and once i walk on raise way the heater pointer increase)

- Third case, sometimes i saw that the alternator is leaked and once i fill it again to be on the maximum point and after (case 2) i re-check the alternator again to see that the alternator is filled completely and above of maximum point

Can anyone help me Please

125

There is a great chance that it's your head gasket. I had the same problem on my 2000 civic when it had about 170,000k, which is typically early for a head gasket to go out, especially when the car has been maintained well. But if it is the head gasket that needs to be replaced then expect a cost of atleast $2000. Mine was around $2,200. I hope this isn't the case for your car, but I hear about this problem with civics all the time on cargurus. Take it to Honda for whatever problem, to get the job done right and at a fair price. Good luck!

115

I think that, cause several one check on my car and all of they told to me "Your Head Gasket" is burned. I think i will replace the engine to buy a new one. can you please advise me about a new engines, i wish to add a new injection engine. My car is a honda civic 1994 with a carporator engine. Thanks

20

If you never continued driving the car with temperature gauge in the red zone, you are probably ok to just replace the head gasket maybe the radiator too. Otherwise a rebuilt engine with a competitive warranty will be best I think.

15

Did you open the bleeder-valve at the back of the cylinder head and have the engine running as you filled the radiator, to eliminate any air-pockets in the cylinder head.

1,105

first problem is your using water that will cause your car to bur a head gasket and if you run proper coolant and it is being burnt there should be white smoke coming out the tail pipe. replace your thermostat first before the head gasket as its a 14 dollar part and some times is the root of the issue just so ya know

okay, been working on car for 2 weeks a 1995 Honda accord LX....it keeps overheating...first thing we did was to replace the thermostat and well, that wasn't it, then we saw a hose that had a hole in it and replaced it and then that wasn't it, replaced the radiator, again that wasn't it. Now, we have replaced the water pump, thinking again that it might be it, NOT!!!! Checked to see if it was a blown head gasket and it isn;'t....so what else could it be you all???