All console lights flicker on and off while driving my town and country 2009 van. It did it twice and just kept going. Help!

90

Asked by Sep 03, 2013 at 01:01 PM about the 2009 Chrysler Town & Country

You have an intermittent ground...clean the end of the Black 1/0 cable from the battery where it attaches to the chassis ground with a wirebrush~

might be time for a brand NEW battery....they only last five years with this new tin/antimony alloy they are made of these days~

90

Battery is only 2 years old but I will check it. Thanks!

7,485

is it the overhead console? Map lights or do the interior light flicker?

90

It's the console lights, speedometer goes to zero, wipers come on, but the van keeps going. Cleaned the corroded battery cable today, hopefully that will help something. :)

7,485

does speedo cluster say NO BUS

7,485

what you have discribed is a bus issue. The network on the vehc. Head light come on. wipers come on. It is set up this way for safety. the BCM(body control module) talks to Front control module over the bus. The FCM controls the lights. So you can see why they come on if Bus goes down. Nothing like having your lights turn off by themself...lol One of the weakest points on these vehicals is the radio. It is hooked into the bus as well. you can unplug it from bus by unplugging the two pin wire at back of radio. you will loose steering wheel audio controls, if you have them. Radio is just a thought. This is where I always start when dealing with bus issue on these vehicals. I hope this helps.......Any questions feel free ask

7,485

has recall J01 been done? corrosion can cause issues w/bus. Ck w/chrysler. They can tell you.

20

Did you ever find out what the issue was? I am having the same issue and it seems that my car is possessed

40

My van did this as well. I replaced the metal battery connectors with lead connectors. Haven't had a problem in over 2 years since this was done. Fixed!!

10

Had the exact same light show crazy gauges on my t&c 2013. For us it turns out it was the blind spot sensor. Dealership mechs first tried the right side sensor and no change, BUT after they also replaced the left side, it was all good. Its been 6 months now and still good.

30

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcRL3JFzr5g

My 2008 T&C was doing the same thing. All dash lights come on flicker with wipers etc. Tried everything. FINALLY FOUND the answer. Open the drivers door and carefully cut back the rubber boot holding the wire harness to the door.There were a few wires separated but the white wire with an orange stipe was the one causing the dash lights to do that.

I have a 2009 chrysler town and country touring my headlights and cluster board goes crazy then it will shut down sometimes it's driving me nuts