i need more speed

185

Asked by Jul 08, 2008 at 03:32 PM about the 1982 Chrysler Cordoba

i own an 82 cordoba with a 318. i want to tweek the engine give it more speed and power. what can i do to give it more hp and torque. ik some stuff like better intake and i have better exhaust on it. what else can i do to get more speed

1,045

Sell it and get something that isn't a boat anchor! Exhaust headers and a full exhaust system will help. I'd also get rid of the carb and intake that's on the car, it's typical 1980's junk. A better ignition system will help out a little too. That's really all you can do unless you really want to spend the money to build up the valve train, port/polish or replace the heads.

185

thanks im about to replace the carb almost gotta enogh and its not a cordoba its a dodge mirad but this site dosent have them

1,045

This site doesn't list my car either and it's a 2008. Bastards! You'll see the best bang for the buck with a carb and intake.

185

ya thats what i thinking. whitch do u think i should get. some one told me a holly mite work but idk

1,045

I'm personally a fan of Edelbrock, but Holley's are good too. 600 CFM should be all you need.

185

yaa edelbrock is good to. do u know how mutch one of thoughs would cost. some one told me 250 then another person told me 400

1,045

Depends on the model. Go through Jeg's or Summit. You'll probably get the best price through them.

185

ok thankss. i think ik some other sites i get stuff the show power block has alot of commershals for online auto parts

425

I think ur car should stay the way it is. My dad used to have an 81 Cordoba and it was a good car. whatever you do, don't take off the catallyc converter because cars without that converter, there is a 100% chance that girls will call ur car a Fart in a can or a Lawnmower. Ur car is more of a Honey wagon. I say that because old cars get the girls not the Import tuner Drek. It's also Ok to have a bit of rust on ur car because that means ur car is a survivor and it's doing its job. Ur engine is a V8 i think and V8's have a lot of power. Don't sell ur car because Cordoba's are a rare find and they are worth $25,000 if it is in mint condition. Long Live J-Body Cordoba's and Mirada's.

425

what did ur brother do to Fuck up ur car and how bad is the damage? I wish I could help you fix up ur car but I dunno how to fix car's but I am learning. The other day i changed the Parking Light Assembly on my dad's 2005 Chevrolet Venture LS well My dad showed me how it's done. I personally Like the Mirada along with the Cordoba LS but Like U said they are the same. I almost know every car around the world. well I hope ur Mirada runs well and It doesn't give you a ton of grief. PS are the horns the dual notes because if they are, those horns are the kind that actually get peoples attention.

185

lol he dident do mutch but its not that good looking, mest up the grill and front put dents in it, it still runs good though

130

The cylinder heads are all well and good but mean nothing if you forget about the bottom end. pistons, bore cam etc.

185

ya but heads are alot

130

They help but are really pointless if you have a weak bottom end. you need both to get power. you also need a matching cam and intake/exhaust to really make it work

130

They help but are really pointless if you have a weak bottom end. you need both to get power. you also need a matching cam and intake/exhaust to really make it work. a chain is only as strong as its weakest link