replace captain chairs with bench?

Asked by Jan 06, 2010 at 07:53 PM about the 2005 GMC Yukon XL

I have a 2005 yukon xl with 2nd row captain chairs that i am looking to replace with a 2nd row
bench.  anybody have any idea where i can find a tan leather bench

Jeff Cameron

call your local salvage yard, if they don't have what you want, ask where they would suggest looking, you may need to fabricate some brackets to change out the seats

im just wondering, why would you do that? dont they fold away into the floor?

Jeff Cameron

im not sure, i haven't worked on the inside of a yukon yet, i dont think they do?

just to let you know, this might be a "left field project" you got going.

Jeff Cameron

what do you mean by "left field project"?... and im not the one doing it, i was giving advice to the guy asking the question

thats out of the ordinary thats all

Jeff Cameron

well hey, "to each is own" ive done alotta unordinary stuff to my 76' impala

i guess nodies perfect

Are you still looking for a bench seat?

I have an 02 and I am wanting a bench. let me know if you still want a bench tan leather

hey if you still looking i got 05 2nd row bench tan in good condition BTW i live in miami fl

I have an 01 Suburban with light tan leather bench second row, looking for same leather captains chairs. Located in Atlanta. Think it would be a straight change?

XL with XL, a bench out of a XL will bolt up but not a bench out of a standard short yukon... Just ran into this problem try to swap for captain chairs.... XL models mount flat at the rear of seat mounts on the floor, while standard/short Yukons mount on the step up of the floor... Just ran in to the problem today... Hope this helps you out...

Kristie Slafka Kissinger

i have a 2005 gmc bench and want captians chairs

I have a 2003 GMC Yukon XL Denali that has Captains chairs and need a 60/40 bench. If anyone is looking to trade, let me know. Thanks.

hi, kristie. dont know if you found your bench yet, but im interested in captain chairs for my 03 suburban color grey. respond if that works for by the way Im in Ny

i have a 2001 with tan leather in amazing condition i want to get rid of the bench and put buckets, with 4 older kids its way easier for them to get in with those than to climb over the seats. Trade anyone? if you would consider trade.

forgot to add that mine is a yukon xl denali

I have a 2003 Yukon Denali - with two tone tan captains chairs - looking to trade for two tone tan bech for the second row - email

I have a 2007 Yukon XL Denali with tan leather power bucket seats. I am looking to trade my buckets for a power bench. I am in San Diego area.

I have an 03 Yukon xl, with grey leather captain chairs, looking to trade for a bench.. I live in west Virginia email me at

I have a 2002 Suburban with gray leather captains chairs and need to replace with a second row gray leather 60/40 bench. I am in North Carolina. Email:

I have a 2003 Yukon XL Denali with middle row two tone tan leather captain chairs in excellent condition. Looking to buy or trade for a middle bench, two tone leather tan. I am in Iowa.

I have a 2002 Yukon XL, tan leather looking for all seats. Driver, passenger, 2nd row bench and 3rd row. I will do some or all. If a set I could change color. Black?

I have a 2003 Yukon Denali, looking to trade my Gray Leather Heated Bench seats for a set of Gray Leather Heated Captain Seats. Mine are in EXCELLENT condition!! Located in Wisconsin, please email Thanks!

I am looking for 2nd row bench seat for a yukon xl. Grey leather. Thanks

I'm looking to trade my 2003 Denali 2nd row heated bench seats for heated captain seats. Mine are in excellent condition. I'm in the LA area. email me at

Oh mine are grey. see above

Does anyone have a 2 tone tan leather bench seat? (2nd row, 2001 Yukon Denali XL) Thanks.

I do! You want to buy it? We bought it for $800 a year ago... To replace our captains chairs to accommodate three car seats across. Now they are all forward facing and need to go back to our captains chairs. We are in DAllas. Where are you!?

Email me

I'm interested in sourcing two captain's chairs (black) to replace the current 2nd row bench seat (also black). Besides finding a counterparty to swap with or the local salvage yards, are there any other options I should be investigating? Thanks in advance!

I have a 2007 Yukon xl and we are wanting a tan bench. Will trade for the captains seats we currently have. We are in Missouri.

I have 2003 captain seats from yukon denali for sale. They are gray leather. Really good condition. Will fit tahoe 03-06 too 928-369-6808 Few hours from Phoenix az

I'm looking for a black bench out of a Yukon xl 07. I have two captains chairs in good condition

I have a 2006 yukon xl with captain chairs looking to trade for 60/40 bench. I think they are neutral beige and are in excellent condition.