Help please

Asked by Sep 03, 2016 at 08:01 AM about the 1999 Dodge Durango

My Durango just shutting off its like it loses
all power my light on dashboard go blank i
have to wait a second or plug in my battery
charger I change battery no matter what I do
nothing is working can someone please help
me I need this car

110

if it restarts after being on the charger you need to check your charging system to make sure your alternator is working and possibly replace your battery if its been run to low. let me know if it helps and any other info on your problem.

Sounds like your alternator or just a bad battery. We just did a tranny swap in mine and put in a battery (that was bad) and the same thing was happening. Switched to a new battery and all was fixed. I would suggest trying a new battery before you go spending money on anything else

I have put three used battery in it they all work n where good except one which was put in backwards brand new alternator put a air compressor in it I'll change n filter

110

if the battery was put in backwards its probably fried the ecu or a different module on the C.A.N network. You have hit a point of it needs to go to a pro unless you really know what your doing with the electrical system. if i misunderstood your answer then try checking fuses. From what i can gather a battery has been put in backwards and now the car wont start and there are no lights on the dashboard when you turn on the ignition. It doesn't take much to cook an ecu or other electronic module on the car.