Trassmision fluid in to the water

Asked by Aug 02, 2016 at 11:23 AM about the 2000 Dodge Neon

Good morning!
I have a neon 2000 and it just happen that the transmission
fluid is going to the water, i noticed like 3 weeks ago that
the cap and water had a pinky milk cream, do you know the
average of the cost to fix this issue?
Thank you!!

25,805

Transmission cooler probably leaked in the radiator. You'll have to check the transmission pan for cross contamination. If trans is fine, you could replace in-radiator trans cooler with an external one, and plug old one. Otherwise you'll have to replace the radiator. If cross contamination did occur, you'll have to have the transmission serviced, and depending on how bad it got that can be expensive. You are looking at potentially replacing the radiator and servicing the transmission.

Best Answer Mark helpful
26,525

i had the same issue in my dodge van.. try and service /flush the system and OVER FILL CAN... and see if it clears up...mine didyou didnt say how much..im guessing just some floating on top ..............

Thanks Kelly!! It was a lot of the pink residue but i checked the Transmission fluid and i didn't see any water in the fluid!

Thank you KenF! I will double check if anything with the pan, I still have to change the reservoir water tank lol, I appreciated.

50,755

Address this right away. If the coolant gets into the transmission you won't be happy cause coolant will ruin a transmission in short order.

Thank you Bob! The mechanic its going to see it today!

10

Needs new Radiator

Thanks Pattiweed!

Hi my name is Brandon jacobs, I want to know why every morning to fill up water in my car, Chrysler Neon 2.0 L 2001