2000 Dodge Neon, replaced two hoses that were leaking transmission fluid. When started car AFTER replacing.. car is revving LOUD and backfiring.. PLEASE HELP?

Asked by Feb 06, 2012 at 09:06 AM about the 2000 Dodge Neon

2000 Doge Neon.  Replaced two hoses that rubbed together and formed holes. It was leaking transmission fluid.  when hoses replaced, started car and it is now revving sooo loud and backfiring.. .HELP???

1,555

when you were in there did you disconnect a vacuum hose somewhere? sounds like a vacuum leak to me

haha - well - i am a girl.. and it was my first shot... at doing somethign like this...i have NO IDEA what a vacuum hose is.>>> Where or should i say, what would a vacuum hose look like?

1,555

just looks like a regular black hose, there are a few hooked up to the intake.