why would antifreeze be running out from be bottom side of the motor by the firewall

Asked by Mar 11, 2013 at 12:31 AM about the 2004 Dodge Intrepid

Question type: Maintenance & Repair

had all the gaskets and everything  fixed at the dealer about four years ago . they
resurfaced the heads and replaced all the gaskets , water pump , thermostat . but now i
have this leak at the back of the motor next to the firewall . I wonder if its a freeze plug but
repair manuals do not show anything about them and  the parts store store doesn't show a
listing for the part .Can anyone help on this matter.
Allen
Allen

2 Answers

25,605

Oh jesus, the Dodge Intrepid (and I thought my '87 Pontiac Fiero GT was bad). One of the companies I worked for gave 2 options for a company car back in 2000 for it's Sales Reps: The Intrepid or the Pontiac Grand Prix. 60% of us chose the GP, the other 40% chose the Intrepid. The Dodge was ok for the first few months..THEN the ones with the Intrepid were begging to switch to another car b/c of the electrical and mechanical issues (seemed like they were always in the shop) and the reps had Enterprise rentals a LOT. We ditched the Intrepids in our fleets VERY shortly thereafter and replaced it with the Chevy Impala. I suggest you off-load this sucker too!

1 of 1 people found this helpful.
25,605

IIregal...nope, the Fiero was sold to a co-worker many years ago and thankfully, I was able to buy another mid-engine car that was 1000X better, a 1993 Toyota MR2 :) Plus, the Fiero was an automatic (which I bought b/c GM made horrible manual trans and clutches for that car)...Hate to say this but unless it's a Vette, I seriously doubt I'll buy another domestic sportscar.

Your Answer

Add photo

Related Questions

  • Where is the aclug on a 2002 chrysler intrepid 7 answers

    Smells like rotten eggs in the car and drivers floor was really wet. Wet enough it soaked through the carped floor mat. Someone said my ac plug could have been knocked out since i just had the engine...

    2002 Dodge Intrepid SE

    -

    Maintenance & Repair

  • How do I jumpstart my 2001 Dodge Intrepid. 3 answers

    I can only find the negative post. I can not find the positive post. I can see the battery on the left hand side under what appears to be the housing for the air filter. Please help. TY

    2001 Dodge Intrepid

    -

    Maintenance & Repair

  • Brake fluid coming out of firewall 7 answers

    Why is there brake fluid gushing out of a small pipe out of truck firewall?

    2007 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT Quad Cab 4WD

    -

    Maintenance & Repair

  • antifreeze showing on the engien 1 answer

    02 dodge grand caravan 140k miles... i need to replace valve cover gasket, its leaking oil ... but I see green color which is antifreeze in the nooks next to leaked oil ... where is that coming from

    2004 Dodge Grand Caravan 4 Dr SXT Passenger Van Extended

    -

    Maintenance & Repair

  • 1973 Dodge Charger Rallye - Over-Charging / 4-pin Ballast issue? Wiring issues!!! 1 answer

    Wiring issues here!! Restoring a 73 Charger Rallye (came w electric ignition, 4 prong ballast on firewall). Car had some major shorts at bulkhead, but is now starting and running after removing the...

    1973 Dodge Charger

    -

    Maintenance & Repair

Intrepid

Looking for a Used Intrepid in your area?

CarGurus has 330 nationwide Intrepid listings starting at $2,406.

ZIP:

Search Dodge Intrepid Questions

Dodge Intrepid Experts

#1 Michael Kane
Michael Kane
Reputation 1,210
#2 COMETGUY61
COMETGUY61
Reputation 460
#3 dandyoun
dandyoun
Reputation 350
View All

Related Models For Sale

Used Honda Accord
812 Great Deals out of 84,287 listings starting at $1,050
Used Chevrolet Impala
520 Great Deals out of 31,726 listings starting at $1,450
Used Dodge Stratus
884 listings starting at $1,600
Used Toyota Camry
998 Great Deals out of 90,917 listings starting at $650
Used Dodge Durango
274 Great Deals out of 22,704 listings starting at $1,200
Used Ford Mustang
474 Great Deals out of 45,735 listings starting at $1,999
Used Chrysler 300M
227 listings
Used Nissan Altima
1,027 Great Deals out of 81,564 listings starting at $1,200
Used Chrysler Concorde
224 listings starting at $2,500
Used Nissan Maxima
306 Great Deals out of 25,213 listings starting at $999
Used Ford Explorer
944 Great Deals out of 72,519 listings starting at $1,000
Used Dodge Neon
675 listings
Used Ford Focus
538 Great Deals out of 57,171 listings starting at $1,095

Used Cars For Sale

2003 Dodge Intrepid For Sale
33 listings starting at $3,988
2001 Dodge Intrepid For Sale
38 listings starting at $2,406

Content submitted by Users is not endorsed by CarGurus, does not express the opinions of CarGurus, and should not be considered reviewed, screened, or approved by CarGurus. Please refer to CarGurus Terms of Use.