why would antifreeze be running out from be bottom side of the motor by the firewall

Asked by Mar 11, 2013 at 12:31 AM about the 2004 Dodge Intrepid

had all the gaskets and everything  fixed at the dealer about four years ago . they
resurfaced the heads and replaced all the gaskets , water pump , thermostat . but now i
have this leak at the back of the motor next to the firewall . I wonder if its a freeze plug but
repair manuals do not show anything about them and  the parts store store doesn't show a
listing for the part .Can anyone help on this matter.
Allen
Allen

26,405

Oh jesus, the Dodge Intrepid (and I thought my '87 Pontiac Fiero GT was bad). One of the companies I worked for gave 2 options for a company car back in 2000 for it's Sales Reps: The Intrepid or the Pontiac Grand Prix. 60% of us chose the GP, the other 40% chose the Intrepid. The Dodge was ok for the first few months..THEN the ones with the Intrepid were begging to switch to another car b/c of the electrical and mechanical issues (seemed like they were always in the shop) and the reps had Enterprise rentals a LOT. We ditched the Intrepids in our fleets VERY shortly thereafter and replaced it with the Chevy Impala. I suggest you off-load this sucker too!

26,405

IIregal...nope, the Fiero was sold to a co-worker many years ago and thankfully, I was able to buy another mid-engine car that was 1000X better, a 1993 Toyota MR2 :) Plus, the Fiero was an automatic (which I bought b/c GM made horrible manual trans and clutches for that car)...Hate to say this but unless it's a Vette, I seriously doubt I'll buy another domestic sportscar.