anyone know why my intrepid would be smoking from the front

Asked by Dec 18, 2009 at 02:56 PM about the 2002 Dodge Intrepid

This just started.  I had to add coolant the other day.  But it is really smoking from the front not out of the exhaust.

run it with the hood open. it sounds major, but it could be a hose for all we know. when you run it this time have somebody lookin' at the engine.

your coolant could be leaking making the car overheat. does the dashboard display hot or cold when its been running and start checking the ground after you add coolant and if you see a leak then add sealant. it comes in liquid and capsules and the instructions are on the package. you can buy them from any auto parts store.

545

well if you over fill the reservoir there's a little spout near front of car that lets off coolant it could go on engine burn and make smoke. But see what temp the car is while its running if it starts to get to hot then you might need a new thermostat or maybe like someone else said a clamp came lose from a hose and its leaking. There's 2 hoses i believe that goto radiator both are on left side of radiator. Let us know what you find out

true, i'd hate to say it but it could also be the waterpump.