I have a 52 Merc with Automatic trans. Stalls when starting from a stop.

Asked by Mar 05, 2017 at 04:10 PM about the 1952 Mercury Monterey

Runs ok when the choke is on.  Can,t find any vacuum leaks.

261,975

How old is the fuel? Can I assume the car isn't run very much? When was the carb last rebuilt?

Best Answer Mark helpful

Tom, The fuel is fresh. It had a rebuilt carb when I purchased it, the carb is clean. I put a new top gasket and power valve in the carb recently. There are no apparent vacuum leaks. It has been run very little. It runs well when the choke is on. Also a new dist cap, rotor and vacuum advance diaphragm. Thanks for your help.

261,975

http://www.badasscars.com/index.cfm/page/ptype=product/product_i d=289/category_id=13/mode=prod/prd289.htm