I have a '82 VW rabbit pickup. It was running great, but now it will not start. Changed fuel pump realy, no help. does it need a pump? also what it the thing that is on top of the fuel pump it has a hose that goes to engine?

25

Asked by Dec 20, 2012 at 09:06 AM about the 1982 Volkswagen Caddy

The truck was running great. The last trip was driving in rain. parked it and it would not start again. when I
turn it over after a few seconds there is a 'beeping' noise and the gas hand does not move.. We replace
relay and checked fuses.Still no luck. I just bought it drove it 3 short trips and now I'm lost.

the thing above the fuel pump is an accumlator which holds gas so that your feul pump doesn't have to work as hard. I would try the fuel filter if the truck wont start and see if it is pluged up.