1983 ford f100will not start

Asked by Jun 04, 2015 at 04:56 PM about the 1983 Ford F-100

Truck want start, everyone said it was the fuel pump. Put new fuel pump on it. Gas still
not getting in the fuel filter.blew out lines, air bubbled in gas tank .can put gas in
carbarateor will run till runs gas out. Any idea what to do. I thought about the fuzes don't
know which fuze it would be. Any idea what could be wronge with it. Thanks, Van

8,160

Identify all the parts in your fuel system, and the engine size. is your's 2 wheel drive with one tank at the rear, then is there just one electric pump? or is there a lift pump in the tank that supplies a "rail pump?. You say you have a carburetor, but do you actually have CFI ? you see so many parts were for different systems, then valves or selectors, cannister type filter back by the tank, etc. you must do some identification of what was in use, get Ford parts to help you determine what parts are in use on yours and supplying what delivery system. See what questions they have, and ways they may tell you to identify. Some fuel parts had to be matched up. it always helps to have the month and year, VIN, gvw, engine size and delivery system type or calibration code. See what they ask and go step by step.