1983 ford f100will not start

Asked by Jun 04, 2015 at 02:18 PM about the 1983 Ford F-100

Truck want start, everyone said it was the fuel pump. Put new fuel pump on it. Gas still
not getting in the fuel filter.blew out lines, air bubbled in gas tank .can put gas in
carbarateor will run till runs gas out. Any idea what to do. I thought about the fuzes don't
know which fuze it would be. Any idea what could be wronge with it. Thanks, Van

104,215

Did you test your fuel pump relay? http://easyautodiagnostics.com/ford/4.9L-5.0L-5.8L/fuel-pump-relay-tests-1

25,535

if it is running ok. is the new pump a lemmon?. and you blew out the lines backwards you probably will need to check the tank sender?pickup.

375

try pouring a little fuel into intake while crancking if it runs then you are positve at that point it's a fuel problem,then go from there.

47,855

Is the needle and seat stuck on the carb. float? If so it won't let the fuel into the carb. bowl. Also if the electric fuel pump will not fill the fuel lines then you either have a defective fuel pump or something wrong with the relay or wiring.