What is causeing my truck to stoll out when try to give it gas or exscell

Asked by Oct 01, 2014 at 06:34 PM about the 1979 Ford F-100

Stolls out when give it gas

Could be the power valve, but most likely the accelerator pump has went bye bye. Both part are readily available from your local parts store.

I'm not sure if this Ford has duel coil packs. I had a 95 Nissan pu that would stall out if I pressed the gas over half of full to the floor ....4 cylinder with 8 spark plugs ? LoL so what I found out was why does it have 8 plugs when it's a 4 banger ..answer is...4 for intake and 4 for exhaust. Which means it had two different coil packs. It was the acceleration coil that was burnt out so like it said when I went to give more than half throttle it would just stall out like no power but when I backed off it would go..weirdest feeling and scarey especially when you need to get across the street FAST and there's a 18 wheeler coming at you!