1973Ford F100,What Causes My Truck To Stall,But It Will Cranktion...

35

Asked by Oct 14, 2013 at 11:54 AM about the 1973 Ford F-100

Could It Have Any Thing To Do With my Distributor And or Coil,Need Help To Figure Out Whats Goin

360 or 390? A little more detail, please. It starts and runs then quits? How long will it run? Or not at all? 2bbl carb, stock? I know these trucks...and there is another fellow.., Tracy that knows even more, if he sees this. But the more you give us the better

35

Well Its Runs Pretty Good,Its Will Not Turn Off,But Its A 352, Or Least my Block Says It,I thought it Was A 390.Yea 2bbl Carb,Its Kinda Like Its Flooding Out.

OK it could be a small block 351..there is no 352. At least that I know of. The 360 and 390 were most common in trucks. Then the 351Windsor came out in the trucks in 1977. Okay, now, your float may be sticking in the carb ....if you smell gas please dude...don't drive it until you get it fixed. the risk of a fire is real and not only lose you truck....and I don't care what it looks like, you should see my '78..beat to hell (the picture in my 'garage' is not my truck, just a picture of a '78 I found) but runs like a raped ape....anyway, if the float sinks and it floods it could spill gas everywhere, including your exhaust and *poof* a pile of steel. Hopefully with you not in it..yessir, it can happen THAT fast. Forget about rebuilding the carb...buy a new one. No, not rebuilt a NEW Motorcraft or Holley.

35

Its A New Carb Autoline,If i Change My Distributor Would That Help With The Problem,Or Could It Fuel Related

A 352 is the same block as 360 and 390. Basicly the only difference between the 3, is piston diameter.