I need to find out what year my ford truck100 is it was told to me that it is a 1972.the DMV said the numbers on my door don't Macwit a 1972 that maybe its a 1967.the man at the DMV said I need to look under the hood in two spots for some writing or number on the rails somewhere. I need to know where can I found under the hood somewhere what year my truck is?

Asked by Dec 13, 2012 at 08:46 PM about the 1972 Ford F-100

The numbers on the door don't mach with the year

5,965

The VIN number is stamped on your truck in numerous places. I think there is a total of 7 on your truck. One should be on the top of the frame itself somewhere toward the rear of the cab on the passenger side and also same side but a little forward of that spot, see photo.. Another is on the door jamb, another is under the hood on the firewall. Here's a really good site link to help you decode the VIN once you find it. You should be able to compare it to the list on this page. Good Luck, Kenny/MrBlueOval. http://www.fordification.com/tech/VIN72.htm

Best Answer

iI have the same exact problem you are. I had the police come and run the Vin but still nothing.