1958 F100 - How to replace the fuel line jumper between the engine and the ridged fuel line

Mark Gibson

Asked by Dec 15, 2014 at 12:11 PM about the 1958 Ford F-100

Hi All,
I need to replace the ~12 inch rubber hose between the ridged fuel line and the fuel pump
on my 1958 F100.  The threads on the hose seem to be such that the only way to do it is
to pull the fuel pump, connect the hose and then put the pump back on.
Has anyone had any experience with this, or have any ideas?

Just cut the rubber hose off the fittings and install a new hose with screw clamps. Not that hard to do.

Mark Gibson

Hi tennisshoes, I love the idea - I went and got some brass fittings that go from threads to pipe clamps and a new hose. I was trying so hard to 'do it right' that I missed such an obvious solution. Thanks! Mark

I know, sometimes you get so involved you just miss what is staring you right in the face, happens to me more than I'd like to admit. Getting older is the pits.