1958 F100 - How to replace the fuel line jumper between the engine and the ridged fuel line

Asked by Dec 15, 2014 at 12:11 PM about the 1958 Ford F-100

Question type: Maintenance & Repair

Hi All,
I need to replace the ~12 inch rubber hose between the ridged fuel line and the fuel pump
on my 1958 F100.  The threads on the hose seem to be such that the only way to do it is
to pull the fuel pump, connect the hose and then put the pump back on.
Has anyone had any experience with this, or have any ideas?

3 Answers


Just cut the rubber hose off the fittings and install a new hose with screw clamps. Not that hard to do.

1 out of 1 people think this is helpful.

Hi tennisshoes, I love the idea - I went and got some brass fittings that go from threads to pipe clamps and a new hose. I was trying so hard to 'do it right' that I missed such an obvious solution. Thanks! Mark


I know, sometimes you get so involved you just miss what is staring you right in the face, happens to me more than I'd like to admit. Getting older is the pits.

Your Answer

Add photo

Related Questions


Looking for a Used F-100 in your area?

CarGurus has 153 nationwide F-100 listings and the tools to find you a great deal.


Search Ford F-100 Questions

Ford F-100 Experts

#1 tennisshoes
Reputation 440
#2 MrBlueOval
Reputation 300
#3 Rowefast
Reputation 280
View All

Related Models For Sale

Used Ford F-250
470 listings starting at $3,475
Used Chevrolet Corvette
122 Great Deals out of 20,508 listings starting at $3,000

Used Cars For Sale

Content submitted by Users is not endorsed by CarGurus, does not express the opinions of CarGurus, and should not be considered reviewed, screened, or approved by CarGurus. Please refer to CarGurus Terms of Use.