can a dodge raider (89) be towed flat if its an automatic by placing it in the "false neutral" position on the transfer case?

Asked by Sep 15, 2013 at 03:38 PM about the 1989 Dodge Raider

I have an automatic 1989 Dodge Raider and I would like to tow it behind my motorhome.  I
was told its possible to tow it by putting the transfer case into the "false neutral" position
and it would be okay.  Can you clarify this please?  Thank You!

63,235

Never heard of a "false neutral" position. If the vehicle is front wheel drive use a tow dolly under the front wheels and you'll be fine. If it's rear wheel drive you'll want to disconnect the drive shaft. Not real familiar with the Dodge Raider but hope that helps. -Jim