What do you think of the 2009 Jaguar XF?

Asked by CarGurus Dec 01, 2008 at 06:42 PM about the 2009 Jaguar XF

What is so great about this car? Have you ever driven one?

55

Personally I think Jaguar has produced a great looking car. Unfortunately I also see that the car is an attempt to win the hearts and minds of the U.S. Market. After all, the car was designed and built specifically to please the "power" hungry (in terms of horsepower) Americans. I hope the new ownership by TATA would change Jaguar's mentality of designing and producing cars for the U.S. Market. They have too because of the current finacial crisis that has crippled the Americans' ability to purchase top end gas guzzling sallons like the XF here.

65

It's good to see Jaguar moving away from decades-old design cues. I'm not a big fan of this shape, but it's better than attempting to reincarnate the Mk II or making a mainstream (European) Ford into a miniature XJ. Let's hope this one isn't as much of a service garage-queen as the X-Type!

15

Finaly...a jag that looks like it's in the right decade

YO i don't know what this guy in the movie is talking about but i don't mind the shape of this car it looks amazing!!!! and the inside of the car deff makes this a car for the people that want to drive a richy car but can't aford the hundred thousand dollar price tag.

15

I owned a jag once and the drive is uncomparable to anything else. I am realy looking forward to test drive and comment my experience. So, talk to you later jag lovers.

Jaguar's are P.O.S.! they need to stop making them and count their losses! nothing can bring back their reputation! the xf looks like a Masserati Quattroporte! way to be original Jaguar! they just need to make the body look like a pile of dog S*%T then toss in an engine and slap a couple badges on saying "pos-type"

25

Believe me when I say, that Jaguar has made something "futuristic." This car is a masterpiece. At least this replaces the S-type, which to me, is one of the WORST Jag I've seen in my life!

I had the pleasure of being involved in the development of the XF from the beginning of the program, so I'm probably a bit biased. But, having driven the Jag, BMW 5, Merc E and Audi A6 back to back, the Jag always stood head and shoulders above the rest in terms of driving pleasure, and now it looks fantastic too. I think it's time the British public became more supportive of British made products. This car was designed in the UK, developed in the UK and is now built in the UK. We should be proud.

wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow

15

FAST... LUXARY...SPORT SUSPENSION...(all u need)

luxurious

25

First Ford hasn't owned Jag for some time. Second this car looks great and should be a great improvement on Jags past. As for Chris Jag is attempting to fix their soiled reputation of old. Going by their old reputation would be foolish

I am a long time BMW owner and I still love the cars but Jag has made a special car. I now drive the 2009 XF and I think it hits the balance BMW has never gotten in the 5 Series especially. The XF is A) Head Turner, B) Luxurious C) Sporty. My frustration with BMW was always on the luxury side (Bad cup holders, terrible I-Drive, marginal seats, etc) Jag has a winner. Oh yeah looking like an Alston Martin has never been a bad thing, especially when you're hired one of their lead designers on your team.

10

We have a 2009 Jag XF and it is a pure joy to drive. Contrary to previous postings it also gets 27+ mpg on the highway and over 20 around town. It definitely is a head turner and I haven't had so many questions about a car from strangers since my 69 Camaro and 70 Cuda days.