You Tube isn't any help

Asked by Jul 09, 2016 at 05:26 PM about the 2003 Saturn VUE Base

I actually have two questions about my car at the moment. There is white
smoke coming out of my exhaust. Anybody know why? There is also what
sounds like a belt or a fan rubbing in the area of the engine/transmission. I'd
like to change the transmission fluid but don't know how to do so. My 2003
Vue is a 5 Speed Manual

Usually manual transmissions you have a drain plug on the bottom and then on the side of the tranny usually accessable from below you have a fill plug. Basically put the car on level ground go underneath and open the fill plug first, then put you pan under and open the drain plug. Drain it all out then tighten the drain plug back up and fill the tranny till the fluid is level with the bottom threads of the fill plug and your done. As far as the white smoke it can be numerous things, coolant burning in the combustion chambers, oil burning in the combustion chambers, etc. Do you see your coolant level changing, if so you may have a leak of coolant into the combustion chamber. How has your oil level been sitting after 1000 miles, etc. Maybe oil burning? etc.

If you can not get yourself under your car, then you will have to put the car up on jack stands and again evenly 4 stands to keep the vehicle as level as possible.